IP & IT
A large and growing area of Tunisia Legal practice involves representation of clients with respect to a wide variety of intellectual property issues, including the protection of trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets, software and technology development and licensing, and the emerging area of computer law.
We assist our clients in setting up their protection, management and defense policy for their intellectual assets and on this basis we act both as advisors and litigators.
We manage our clients’ portfolios and all related issues and assist them in protecting and defending trademarks, designs and models, patents, copyrights, domain names and databases notably in the protection, development of trademark and patent; drafting and negotiating contracts for intellectual and industrial property rights.
Our services include :
- Audits of intellectual property assets and needs.
- Registration of copyrights, patents and trademarks(opposition procedure)
- Advising on the use of trademarks, patents and copyrights as collateral for loans
- Determining the value of patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Protecting trade secrets
- Protection of employee patents
- Privacy, data protection, E-commerce and internet.
- Licensing of intellectual property(trademark & patent transfer, licence, coexistence, acquisition and management of know-how agreements)
In addition, we assist our clients negotiating and drafting all types of contracts related to the use or supply of software (licenses of use, development contracts, transfer agreements, distribution or maintenance).
As litigators we assist our clients both in civil (trademark counterfeiting, invalidity…) and criminal proceedings.